Just recently, PlatinumGames, at E3 2014 during the Microsoft conference, announced their latest game, Scalebound. Here's a bit of speculation I have about the game, this is just a prediction, and is not official:
- It's going to be purely single-player, this is to be expected from what PlatinumGames usually do, but I don't think it's going to be anything like Anarchy Reigns, which is the most multiplayer based of any of the games from Platinum.
- It's going to be a mainly Hack 'n' Slash game, we can see in the trailer that the main character does use a bow, but I think it's going to be similar to Metal Gear Rising, in which you destroy large enemies by jumping around.
- It's going to be more strategy based than most games from Platinum, I think this because of the dragon mechanic, I think commanding the dragon is going to play a large part of the game, and I also think you'll be able to control the dragon directly at points.
- It's going to have a large focus on its OST, similarly to Metal Gear Rising and Anarchy Reigns, this is purely because of the music that appears in the trailer, and just the character's headphones, while a large part of the trailer music is orchestral, when he puts his headphones over his ears, the song turns electronic, and changes drastically. This makes me think that Scalebound will have a pretty strong soundtrack.
- The bond and character development between the main character and the dragon is going to play a large role in the story, PlatinumGames has already stated that the bond between the dragon and the player will be crucial for survival. This makes it likely that the story will mainly be about their connection. In the trailer, the main character gains a rock armour with what seems to be green gems inside, this is similar to the dragon's scales, and since the game is called Scalebound, it all becomes pretty clear.
While there is little to no information on the game yet, we can get an idea of what the game is going to be about, and how it will play. We will be regularly updating the wiki with information on the game, and remember to check out the Scalebound Wiki and the official PlatinumGames website here.